Thomas Izbicki wrote:

> I cannot imagine an altar without a Piscina.

A portable altar?  Temporary altars, and nave altars?  There are plenty of
places in churches where we can be confident that there were altars, but no
trace of a piscina can now be found.  I agree that some sort of arrangement
must have been made, but we cannot be certain what was actually done.

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]