The _Dialogues_ of Gregory the Great have _brief_ accounts of a saint's ascension to Heaven witnessed by someone not physically present at the death.  At 2. 35, St. Benedict sees the soul of St. Germanus of Capua do this; at 4.8 St. Speciosus of Terracina's entrance into heaven is reported to have been witnessed by his brother Gregory who at the time was miles away.  Their brevity probably makes these only distant analogues.

Best,
John Dillon

On Sunday, March 18, 2007, 7:21 am, Tom Izbicki wrote:

> I'm not sure if this fits, but there are stories of Guala of Bergamo
> seeing Dominic's soul enter heaven at the time of the saint's death.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]