All - below is a call for submissions for edition number 2 of the magazine
I'm currently publishing. Issue 1 featured (amongst other articles)
academics & phd students writing about the theme 'looking' and their work
from a user-friendly, not-too academic perspective. I'm looking for critique
and discussion alongside more practical creative work so all proposals
welcome.

Many Thanks

Ruth Heritage (Goldsmiths Postgraduate)
----

Next RevolveWire Summer / Autumn 07
‘RISK’

We are currently seeking worldwide contributions interpreting ‘risk’.

We are looking for pieces that take ‘risk’ and rip it to pieces, personally,
politically, creatively. This can come from any sector of arts & cultural
debate including but not limited to: fine art, design, critique, creative
writing, personal essays, interviews / profiles, features, fashion,
illustration, drawing, painting, photography, photojournalism, graphics: we
want work from a broad spectrum and include 3d design, moving image,
installation, music, & web-based artwork as focuses for articles. We love to
see collaboration and interdisciplinary work.

Please send an initial proposal and small sample of work (under 3mb) to
[log in to unmask] Deadline for proposals: April 14th 2007.
If you’ve not heard by May 14th, you’ve been unsuccessful this time, but
please resubmit to future editions. While contributions are currently
unpaid, you will get a couple of copies of your issue, plus international
publicity.

RevolveWire will find you twice a year (‘Winter / Spring’ & ‘Summer /
Autumn’) to bring you a carousel of creativity and debates in image, music,
and text. RevolveWire will tell stories to you, and you to it. You’ll want
to keep it with you and talk to it daily, like a secret obsession.  Each
issue we take a key word and ask collaborators and contributors to suggest
their interpretation. Finding different threads and strands of the thematic
fabric, we then commission, suggesting joint or solo work. We look for those
who create, interpret, and transform the environment around them.
RevolveWire is a printed conversation: sometimes whispered, sometimes
shouted. Come and talk with us.

Issue 1, ‘Looking’, is out now:

It contains eye-opening articles on how arthouse porn and online games
influence our sex lives; critique and debate about new technologies of
looking at each other such as blogs and bluetooth; animator/director Chris
Krupa scrutinises his own submission to SingleShot, the UK-wide short film
showcase; artist/bookmaker Lisa Wigham presents some found slides in
story-format; and also fashion narrative, artists' interviews and on-page
art work & photography, and political/critical commentary.

Profiles include Oscar & Bafta winning Andrea Arnold on her new film ‘Red
Road’; musicians Graham Massey and Paddy Steer (Toolshed, Homelife, ex
808-State & Lionrock); Mike Grigsby (documentary filmmaker); Doug Fishbone
(artist). Other writers, stylists, photographers and illustrators are either
established practitioners in their fields or the new blood everyone should
be watching out for. In Issue 1 you will find a free CD of Electro-Folk
label Timbreland Recordings plus tracks from Toolshed.

The website is currently under construction at www.revolvewire.co.uk, but
look at www.myspace.com/revolvewire for general information on stockists &
subscriptions etc.