Hello-

I've had a problem crop up with FLIRT that I'm a bit confused by. In the
study I'm running, 19 out of 20 subjects have been run perfectly fine
through func2highres and highres2standard. However, for one subject, it
has attempted to register hires2standard along the wrong directions. The
axial is being registered to the saggital and vice versa. The coronal is
being registered to the coronal, but the final solution is tipped to one
side. I've checked all of the original DICOM info that I can think of,
and all listings of patient orientation, slice acquisition/encoding
direction, etc is all the same. The only difference is that the
subject's head was tilted at a bit of an angle during scanning, but
certainly not to the degree that the coronal is tipped in the FLIRT
registration solution.

Images are available at
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~norb0062/BAD_highres2standard.jpg
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~norb0062/GOOD_highres2standard.jpg

Do you have any suggestions for manual intervention?

Thanks in advance,

--
Jim Porter
TRiCAM Lab Coordinator