Wendy
Jenny French and I -at the University of Wolverhampton- are currently writing an article based on our experience of such groups in three universities. One section focuses on some of the questions you raise and we would be happy to send you a draft version of the section.
best wishes
Margaret Herrington

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. on behalf of Wendy Knowles (W.Knowles)
Sent: Tue 20/02/2007 10:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: support groups for students with dyslexia

At York St John University we would like to set up a support group for students with dyslexia. We envisage our dyslexia support tutors will be involved in this. Can I ask if anyone has set up similar groups and have students been charged for this through DSA? If so how have you worked out the % of time spent on group work as opposed to individual time. How have the groups run e.g. have they been peer group led and what have been the aims and objectives of the group? Many thanks for your feedback. Wendy

Wendy Knowles

Disability Service Co-ordinator

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.