Dear All,
We are using Bionumerics to produce a cluster analysis of PCR data.  We would like to be able to replicate the cluster analysis in Stata, but have had problems replicating the Jaccard distance matrix produced by Bionumerics in stata.

It seems Bionumerics isn’t using the output table of binary data (character table) it produces to do its cluster analysis. When the same binary table of data that Bionumerics produces is used with a Jaccard coefficient in Stata, the similarity matrix obtained is different from the one obtained from Bionumerics.

I will appreciate suggestions from any member who knows why the similarity matrix from Bionumerics cannot be replicated in Stata (which seems more likely to be doing the correct thing anyway).

Best wishes.

Tim

Never miss an email again!