This is my annual request for information that might be relevant for the
'Chronicle' section in Imago Mundi: the International Journal for the
History of Cartography.

Please send me any information that you think *might* be of interest to an
international audience.  It should be news relating to the past twelve
months [though I can store future details for use next year] and it should
be of direct concern to the history of cartography. I should already have
all news contained in MapHist and lismaps messages.

We are seeking information relating to the following headings:

1. Personal News - deaths, significant appointments, prizes & awards,
research fellowships, and doctorates

2. Conferences & Meetings [obviously I use John Docktor's listing <
http://www.docktor.com/ > but there are always some events that are never
publicised]

3. Institutional & General News

4. Exhibitions [again, I use John Docktor's listing <
http://www.docktor.com/ >]

5. Notable Acquisitions by institutions, "featuring only collections,
manuscript material, and rare or bibliographically important printed
atlases, maps, charts and globes".

6. Unusual items that have come up for sale.  [This section is compiled by
Ashley Baynton-Williams < [log in to unmask] >.  Please send
information directly to him].

For further details and sample entries, please see <
http://www.maphistory.info/chronicleletter.html >.

'Chronicle' is the official record of what has happened in our field over
the previous year.  Its completeness depends, to a considerable extent, on
what is supplied by others.  If you have any information that you think
might be relevant, please send it to me, and I can decide if it is
appropriate or not. Do not worry if you think I may already have the
information.  It is better if details are sent to me four times than not at
all.

Information about publications, for the Bibliography, should be sent,
please, to Nick Millea, Map Room, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford,
OX1 3BG, UK - < [log in to unmask] >.

This message is also a reminder to the few National Representatives of Imago
Mundi who are, as we speak, busily completing their contributions.

To meet this year's deadline, I need information please *as soon as
possible*.

Thank you.

Tony Campbell

'Map History / History of Cartography: THE Gateway to the Subject'
http://www.maphistory.info/

[part of the WWW-Virtual Library]