I wonder if this applies to public authorities as well as the private
sector .......

-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Trent
Sent: 03 January 2007 12:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Email footers, Websites etc

As if the "not another wretched regulation" department did not have
enough to do, this jolly little thing sneaked in almost under the radar:

http://out-law.com/page-7594

I've just spent a happy time dealing with our own website and email
footers.  I think the words "good" and "grief" are worth using here,
along with "Gosh, our clients will feel far more secure about using our
services now", said with a grimace and clenched teeth.

Tim Trent - Consultant
Direct: +44(0)1344 392644 Mobile:+44(0)7710 126618
email: [log in to unmask]
<blocked::mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Marketing Improvement Limited, Abbey House, Grenville Place, Bracknell,
United Kingdom, RG12 1BP
http://www.marketingimprovement.com
<blocked::http://www.marketingimprovement.com/>

Important: This message is private and confidential. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your
system. This email and any attachment(s) are believed to be virus-free,
but it is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary
virus checks. This email and any attachments to it are copyright of
Marketing Improvement Limited unless otherwise stated. Their copying,
transmission, reproduction in whole or in part may only be undertaken
with the express permission, in writing, of Marketing Improvement
Limited. Marketing Improvement Limited is registered in England No.
4283972. Registered Office: 643 Watford Way, London NW7 3JR

________________________________

All archives of messages are stored permanently and are available to the
world wide web community at large at

Selected commands (the command has been filled in below in the body of
the email if you are receiving emails in HTML format):

*	Leaving this list: send leave data-protection to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=LEAVE
data-protection>
*	Suspending emails from all JISCMail lists: send SET * NOMAIL to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET *
NOMAIL>
*	To receive emails from this list in text format: send SET
data-protection NOHTML to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection NOHTML>
*	To receive emails from this list in HTML format: send SET
data-protection HTML to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection HTML>

All user commands can be found at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body
of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner [log in to unmask]

(Please send all commands to [log in to unmask] not the list or the
moderators, and all requests for technical help to
[log in to unmask], the general office helpline)