Hi,

Being simplistic, release could occur because

Schedule 2 section 4 vital interests

And (if required)

Schedule 3 section 3 vital interests

Also, if the data subject cannot be identified, then anonymity is
preserved.

If the data subject identifies his/herself as a result then the normal
course of events follow.

I would far rather identify such an issue and take proactive action than
not and find this failure results in harm, particularly to the child in
question.

You responsibility is, in my view, clear.

The decision is yours.

Regards

Paul