-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Roland Perry
Sent: 10 January 2007 16:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Disclosure

In message
 >, at 16:00:57 on Tue, 9 Jan 2007, "Broom, Doreen"
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Although if you go back to Ian Huntley - the Chief of Police in
>Humberside/Cambridgeshire said they didn't disclose due to the DPA.  I
>just wish Lord F had intervened then and those poor parents minsd could

>have been put at rest a lot sooner.

What was being not disclosed then? If it was the Humberside Police not
passing on to Cambridgeshire Police the full details of earlier
suspicions about Huntley, when he was being vetted for a position at a
school (and not the same school the murdered kids went to), then that
was a much wider and less specific decision.

[aiui, even if Huntley had failed the vetting he might easily have got a
job doing something else locally and still been at home when the kids
called to visit his entirely appropriately vetted, but temporarily
absent, girlfriend.]
--
Roland Perry

       leave data-protection to [log in to unmask] All user
commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.
On entering the GSI, this email was scanned for viruses by the
Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied
exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.
In case of problems, please call your organisational IT Helpdesk.
The MessageLabs Anti Virus Service is the first managed service to
achieve the CSIA Claims Tested Mark (CCTM Certificate Number
2006/04/0007), the UK Government quality mark initiative for information
security products and services.  For more information about this please
visit www.cctmark.gov.uk

* This email is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. *
* Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its content is prohibited. *
* The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily    *
* be the views held by Scottish Borders Council.                   *
* Please be aware that any email sent or received by the Council   *
* may require to be disclosed by the Council under the provisions  *
* of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.               *