Hi,
        I am used to have the same problem with hydrophobic ligands, in special due to the rupture of crystals solely by the solvent even in tiny amount. So, I decided to mix a suspension of the ligand with the crystallization drop (once assured I can distinguish the protein from ligand). In addition, in order to avoid salt diffraction and ligand difusion out of the protein crystal, I usually "wash" (soak) crystals catch from these massy drops with a saturated solution of the ligand (say the supernatant of the ligand suspension in the crystallization solution after brief centrifugation).

regards, Mauricio