Dear All,
         I have been asked by my colleague, Prof. Derek Fairhead, to
provide the following advert for a senior structural geologist within the
commercial GETECH organisation at Leeds. Please, anyone interested should
apply direct to GETECH & not to me!
Many Thanks,
Geoff Lloyd

Senior Structural Geologist, Leeds UK

Based in Leeds, UK, GETECH is a leading independent geoscience consultancy,
with the world's largest library of gravity and magnetic data and offers
worldwide consultancy services, non-exclusive and proprietary studies, as
well as data to the oil and mineral exploration industry.

Due to the level of demand in our services, we are seeking to recruit an
experienced senior structural geologist to help further develop our
structural and tectonic expertise. We would be particularly interested in
persons with a regional tectonics background and experience in seismic and
potential fields interpretation. Ideally the applicant should have 10 years
Industry experience and a working knowledge of the tectonics of the South
Atlantic and Arctic areas. This position offers individuals the opportunity
to be a valued member of the technical group and to broaden their expertise
and experience on a variety of multi-disciplinary studies using traditional
and state-of-the-art techniques.

The post will be within the
<http://www.getech.com/petroleum_systems/PSEG2.htm>Petroleum Systems
Evaluation Group (PSEG), which builds upon GETECH's established potential
field expertise and datasets to help clients reduce exploration risk
through the application of traditional and innovative techniques in
identifying petroleum systems around the globe. These include the
interpretation of regional tectonics, basin dynamics, Earth System
modelling and palaeodrainage analysis. This group is growing fast and is
undertaking several major integrated studies for international oil
companies, particularly in the field of evaluating the hydrocarbon
prospectivity of frontier areas.

Competitive salaries would be commensurate with industry standards and the
individual's experience. If you are interested in such a position, please
look at our website <http://www.getech.com/>www.getech.com and send your CV
to:

Mrs. Melanie Stewart, GETECH, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Tel:0113 343 5865
Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

Dr. Geoffrey E. Lloyd,

Reader in Microgeodynamics,
Earth Sciences,
School of Earth and Environment,