I think the main evidence for the contention that mistletoe was sacred to NW European Iron Age people is via Roman writers of the Poseidonian tradition such a Pliny who I believe mentions Gaulish Druids cutting mistletoe on the 6th day after the new moon with a golden sickle and catching it in a cloak before it hits the ground.

Michael Haseler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Can anyone settle a dispute I'm having with a friend. Am I right to say
there is no** archaeological evidence for mistletoe having any religious
significance, beyond an odd piece that might be left above the door after
the archaeology Xmas party?

**I'm discounting the scraps of pollen found in the stomach of lindow bog
body as coincidental.

Mike Haseler

 Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.