>>John Briggs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

  Could I just say what a pleasure it is to debate with a mature,
sophisticated, articulate, well-educated and well-informed adversary?

  I feel I have to say I had a similar experience on Bedhampton Hill Bridge a few weeks ago. The debate concluded with me asking him for his name and collar number which had the result that the poor boy became quite tearful. They never do learn! ;-)