On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Mark Taylor wrote:

>    gaia/src/Gaia.C
>    gaia/mktclapp/tclAppInit.C
>
> which seem to fix the rpcvar problem reported above (and a cascade
> of related ones).  The fix is not particularly elegant however,
> which is why I haven't applied it to the trunk.  I will refrain from
> going into details here, but Peter, when you get back, take a look
> at those edits and see if you want to propagate this fix to the trunk
> or if you've got some better idea for how to work round it.

Hi Mark (& Tim),

sorry hadn't anticipated this problem, seems that mktclapp is somewhat
incompatible with the new package loading mechanism (and I should have
remembered to test the standalone executable as Tim did). Your solution
and analysis are correct, the issue is with the mktclapp virtual file
system implementation not being able to glob, so pkgIndex files in
sub-directories are not picked up. I'll merge the changes onto the main
branch for now, but I think the better solution is to do the promised
extraction of xmlbits into thirdparty, where they can be globbed (in the
longer term, like if GAIA also starts using TEA, then I suspect I'll need
to switch to "starkits", or give up the single-binary game).

Cheers,

Peter.