Apologies for cross-postings - information from the most recent Welcome
To Your Library e-bulletin. If any one is interested please contact
Helen Carpenter in the first instance (see below).

Possible paid employment in UK public library for US librarian?
Tony Olden, senior lecturer in the Centre for Information Management at
Thames Valley University, writes:

I have been teaching an intensive summer course here at the University
of Hawaii for the last three weeks, and my students are now familiar
about the Welcome to Your Library project amongst other UK developments.

One of the students was Zhan Hunt, who has worked in Hawaii Kai Public
Library and in Ewa Beach Public and School Library, Honolulu. Zhan has
now completed her Master of Library and Information Science, an American
Library Association-accredited programme. She is extremely talented, and
has a particular interest in serving multicultural and diverse
communities. Zhan would be very interested in working in the UK for six
months, starting around October 2007. I know that such things are
complicated to arrange because of immigration and other reasons, but
would you have any sense as to whether a public library might be
interested in taking her on? It would need to be paid employment rather
than a short-term unpaid placement.

Note from HC: If you are in a position to circulate this to other
relevant networks in library world please do. Tony has sent me Zhan
Hunt's resume, so if you are interested please contact me in the first
instance, so I can send you her resume and further contact details.

Mike Clarke
Director

London Libraries Development Agency
35 St Martin's Street
London
WC2H 7HP

tel: 020 7641 5244
fax: 020 7641 5266
email: [log in to unmask]

www.llda.org.uk <http://www.llda.org.uk/>

Find out what's going on in London's libraries at
www.londonlibraries.org.uk <http://www.londonlibraries.org.uk/>