HTA Systematic Reviewer
RTI Health Solutions

Location: Manchester, UK

Company: RTI Health Solutions (RTI-HS) is a large and rapidly growing
independent and internationally recognized research organisation providing
high quality health care consulting and research expertise to optimise
decision making for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device
products across the development and marketing lifecycle.

With over 80 technical research staff based in our European and US offices
RTI-HS provides multidisciplinary project expertise in Health Economics,
Medical Statistics, Patient Reported Outcomes, Health Outcomes and Strategy
Development, Epidemiology, Drug Safety and Therapeutic Risk Management, and
Pricing and Reimbursement.

The breadth of our client work and the flexible management structure in RTI-
HS provide the ideal team-based environment within which to further develop
your career in health outcomes research.

To support our continued business expansion, we are currently looking to
recruit a senior researcher to support our health technology appraisals and
systematic review activities within our European Health Solutions team.

Requirements:

You will have already demonstrated excellent technical, interpersonal and
communication skills, ideally within an academic, consultancy, or industry-
based research environment.

For consideration for this role you will need:

• A postgraduate-degree level qualification in a relevant biomedical /
scientific / research discipline
• At least 5 years appropriate research experience in conducting and
managing evidence-based research projects (e.g. health technology
appraisal, systematic review, outcome data synthesis/meta analyses, and
general literature based research) – ideally gained within the
pharmaceutical sector
• Clear knowledge and experience in adhering to common health technology
appraisal standards and conducting/preparing high quality research
deliverables as part of formal submission documents for regulatory bodies
such as NICE, SMC, PBAC, and EMEA
• High levels of written/spoken English and excellent interpersonal
communication skills, and confidence in your ability to make presentations
to a range of audiences
• A track record of working effectively as part of a team
• Experience and working knowledge of; European health care systems,
indirect and mixed comparison meta-analyses, Cochrane review, Review
Manager software, clinical guidelines and a peer-reviewed publication
record would also be seen as a distinct advantage

Successful candidates will also be expected to have close associations with
international HTA associations such as INAHTA.

Responsibilities:

In a senior researcher post the successful candidate would be expected to
play a key role, as part of a dynamic international team of health outcomes
researchers, in building and developing our existing client base and
project portfolio.

In this post you will be expected to:

• Lead the development of proposals based on an assessment of clients’ HTA
and systematic review evidence-based research requirements
• Provide high-quality technical leadership and project management to HTA
based research
• Independently deliver high-quality HTA based project deliverables to
tight timescales
• Develop interactions with professionals within RTI-HS to support and
advise on projects and proposals that require key elements of evidence-
based research
• Support the assessment of evidence in the design/production of product
value dossiers and formal submission materials
• Develop and maintain strong professional contacts and networks
• Proactively develop a portfolio of active client-based project work

RTI-HS is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and
benefits package, based on qualifications and experience. The HTA post is a
permanent position with an expected salary range of £32-£44K depending on
experience and qualifications. The position also has benefits of private
health insurance, contributory pension scheme and an annual performance
bonus payment.

If you are interested in this specific position, or other employment
opportunities at RTI-HS, then please send or email a CV and covering
letter. Deadlines for applications for this post is August 18th 2006.

Stephen Beard
Head of European Operations
RTI Health Solutions
Williams House