________________________________

From: Academic Podcasting and everything that goes with it
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dovey H.
Sent: July 14, 2006 10:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PODCASTING] C21st Curation 2006 public lectures -
podcasts?

Podcasting is the method of distributing multimedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia>  files, such as audio programs
or music videos, over the Internet
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet>  using either the RSS
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_%28file_format%29>  or Atom
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_%28standard%29>  syndication
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_syndication>  formats, for playback on
mobile devices and personal computers. (wikipedia)

I think this sums it up nicely.

Have a good weekend

Hannah

Hannah Dovey