Please consider this message a preliminary "call for papers" to the
Fifth Fifteenth-Century Conference (sponsored by the Richard III
Society and the Program in Medieval Studies and the English Department
of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign).

This tri-annual conference will be held 6 May 2007, just before the
annual International Medieval Congress at Western Michigan University
(10-13 May).

The Fifteenth-Century Conference will once again be held at scenic
Allerton Park in Montecello, Illinois. It will feature Prof. Barrie
Dobson, Cambridge University (retired), and Prof. Pamela King,
University of Bristol, as plenary and keynote speakers.

The formal call for papers as well as information on fees,
accommodations, etc., will appear on our website in mid-August (URL
forthcoming). Papers should be approximately 45 minutes long and can
deal with any aspect of fifteenth-century England. (Our definition of
"fifteenth-century England" is rather broad, covering England and its
realm--both insular and continental--from c. 1350 to c. 1550.)  Paper
proposals should be submitted by 15 October 2006 for consideration by
the conference organizers.

Proposals can be sent to:

Prof. Rob Barrett

Electronically - [log in to unmask]

OR via post to: Dept. of English, 208 English Building, MC-718, 608
South Wright Street, Urbana, IL 61801, USA

OR

Dr. Michael Myers:

Electronically - [log in to unmask]

OR via post to: General Curriculum, 912 S. Fifth St. MC-492, University
of Illinois, Champaign, IL 61820, USA

Please feel free to forward this CFP to any academic mailing list you
think relevant (or to any colleagues you think might be interested in
it).

Mike Myers and I hope to see you at the conference.

Best,

Rob Barrett

Robert W. Barrett, Jr.
Asst. Prof. of English and Medieval Studies
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
WWW: https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/rwb/www/
Office Phone: (217) 333-1715

to: [log in to unmask]