-----medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----

To: [log in to unmask]
From: Jia Jun <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 07/22/2006 02:57AM
Subject: Re: [M-R] impiety and sin

Just a question, now that Carol has raised this question.
Isn't the use of phrases like "God bless", especially when one is angry at
someone or trying to throw off those holy-isms during an inappropriate
situation, part of the act of impiety? After all, the second commandment
commands one not to use the name of God in vain? How did church fathers deal
with this?

Kevin