Print

Print


medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture

Here you go...

 

HYPERLINK "http://www.kzoo.edu/history/Wickstrom/Maurus.jpg"http://www.kzoo.edu/history/Wickstrom/Maurus.jpg

 

 

 

best,

JBW

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diana Wright
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] 2nd summer mystery

 

medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture

 

Would you post the link again.  I saw the skin differently.

 

DW

 

 

 

 

 

John Wickstrom wrote:

 

> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture

> 

> Very interesting idea, thanks. I do think it might have to do with 

> that (Sheep)skin (not mentioned in the accompanying text, btw, and so 

> quite interesting...they are heading across the Alps for France. Cold 

> up there outside the train. :)

> 

>  

> 

> best,

> 

> JBW

> 

>  

> 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious 

> culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ms 

> Brenda M. Cook

> Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:41 PM

> To: [log in to unmask]

> Subject: Re: [M-R] 2nd summer mystery

> 

>  

> 

> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture

> 

>  

> 

>> Looks to me like it could be either:

> 

>> 

> 

>> dental pincers

> 

>> 

> 

>> or

> 

>> 

> 

>> short whip for making the horse go faster.

> 

>> 

> 

>> How's that for opposite ends of the spectrum of

> 

>> possibilities?!?!

> 

>  

> 

> The animal slung over the horse's back looks to me like a sheep - dead.

> 

> Could the tool be one of those scrapers for getting the fat off a 

> sheepkin

> 

> as part of the curing process ?  Presumably the monks used sheepskins 

> either

> 

> as supplementary clothing or a the raw material for parchments.

> 

>  

> 

> Just a thought.

> 

>  

> 

> BMC

> 

>  

> 

> **********************************************************************

> 

> To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME

> 

> to: [log in to unmask]

> 

> To send a message to the list, address it to:

> 

> [log in to unmask]

> 

> To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion

> 

> to: [log in to unmask]

> 

> In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:

> 

> [log in to unmask]

> 

> For further information, visit our web site:

> 

> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

> 

>  

> 

> -- 

> 

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> 

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> 

> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.10/387 - Release Date: 7/12/2006

> 

>  

> 

> 

> --

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.10/387 - Release Date: 7/12/2006

> 

> ********************************************************************** 

> To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME 

> to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it 

> to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the 

> message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order 

> to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: 

> [log in to unmask] For further information, 

> visit our web site: 

> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html 

 

**********************************************************************

To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME

to: [log in to unmask]

To send a message to the list, address it to:

[log in to unmask]

To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion

to: [log in to unmask]

In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:

[log in to unmask]

For further information, visit our web site:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

 

-- 

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.10/387 - Release Date: 7/12/2006

 


-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.10/387 - Release Date: 7/12/2006
 

**********************************************************************
To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To send a message to the list, address it to:
[log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion
to: [log in to unmask]
In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
[log in to unmask]
For further information, visit our web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html