> Looks to me like it could be either:
>
> dental pincers
>
> or
>
> short whip for making the horse go faster.
>
> How's that for opposite ends of the spectrum of
> possibilities?!?!

The animal slung over the horse's back looks to me like a sheep - dead.
Could the tool be one of those scrapers for getting the fat off a sheepkin
as part of the curing process ?  Presumably the monks used sheepskins either
as supplementary clothing or a the raw material for parchments.

Just a thought.

BMC

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]