-CALL FOR PROPOSALS: SESSIONS, PANELS, PAPERS

  NATIONAL POPULAR CULTURE &
  AMERICAN CULTURE ASSOCIATIONS
  2007 JOINT CONFERENCE

  April 4-7, 2007
  Boston Marriott Copley Place
  Boston, Massachusetts

  For more information on the PCA/ACA, please
  go to http://www.h-net.org/~pcaaca.

  DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1, 2006

  We are considering proposals for sessions organized around
  a theme, special panels, and/or individual papers.  Sessions are
  scheduled in 1½ hour slots, ideally with four papers or speakers
  per standard session.

  Should you or any of your colleagues be interested in submitting
  a proposal or have any questions, please contact the area chair (see
below).

  We are interested in receiving papers on Tarot.  Possible topics
include:

  --Tarot and art history
  --Tarot and literature
  --Tarot artists, writers, and readers
  --Individual decks and their guidebooks
  --Tarot as a motif in comics, literature, and film

Participants should be prepared to present their work as scholarly
research and / or for the benefit of an interested audience of academics.
Please provide some information regarding your professional background or
 other field of expertise relevant to your research on Tarot with your
abstract.

 Submit a one-page (150-250 word) proposal or abstract (via regular
mail or e-mail) by November 1, 2006, to:

  Emily E. Auger (Ph.D.)
  Lakehead University
  Thunder Bay, Ontario
  P7B 5E1

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus software has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software