Caelum, I've not read Weber myself, but whatever
influence he's talking about would have to have
happened well before Snorri (1200-ish), because the
word 'wyrd' occurs repeatedly in Anglo-Saxon,
including 'Beowulf'. I must say I was surprised to
read about this in Simek, having always taken for
granted that 'wyrd' was a Germanic idea.

Jacqueline