David Barrie, a member of the South Gloucestershire Mines Research Group, has published a book on
the history and development of British Miners Flame Safety Lamps from 1815 right up to the present
day.

The book has over 200 A4 size pages in full colour. It is packed full of illustrations, with over
two hundred and sixty full colour pictures of actual lamps and many other line drawings including
advertisements.

Details of the book can be viewed at www.thewandofscience.co.uk Included on this site are several
colour photos as in the book, a list of chapters, a sample chapter and of  course details of how to
order. From the website the production quality certainly looks excellent.

The book is available on CD for £35 (post included) or in a limited  edition of 250 books at £60 +
£5.60 UK postage.

Quotes - 'Absolutely excellent. The book that UK lamp collectors have been
waiting for. Invaluable for clear reference' - clb pontefract.

'I am over the moon to own it, we collectors will be forever indebted to you
as work must have taken hundreds of hours.' jk durham

'The wealth of accurate, extensive reseach, puts (previous books) firmly
into another class.' jb - huddersfield

Cheers
Roger