Hi All,

 I am fairly new to this list, but have found it very informative todate. I
have been asked, as part of a bigger project to reduce electronic
information held on our servers, a large portion of data held is from
inactive accounts, when people leave, and from inactive accounts generated
from when people leave without anyone informing the server team - The
question is how long should this data be kept for? I was thinking along the
lines of 24 months from date of account closing and then delete, this would
take into account any long term sickness, maternity leave etc and give the
relevant managers a chance to pick through the information stored. Any
thoughts before the gigabyte hungry techies start deleting rafts of files
would be appreciated!

Shaun Lawes
Corporate Records Manager
Bath & North East Somerset Council