[log in to unmask] writes:
<<Sus = 'On, up, upon, over,  above' in Randle Cotgrave's Dictionarie of the
French
and English Tongues  (1611), which explains why it was sometimes heard as
'sous'.>>

Thank you.  That is interesting.  I can now bore my friends with  this
version of the matter.

Susan

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]