> Peter of Poitiers (d. 1115)  Peter became bishop of Poitiers in 1087,
> after serving as archdeacon.  He's another one of those obnoxious
> clerics who liked to denounce immorality in high places, in his case
> Philip I of France

Yes, but he wrote a genealogy of Christ that survives in quite a few illuminated
versions, interestingly in the form of a rotulus rather than a codex.  I was fascinated
to see this in the diocesan library of York Minster, when the librarian unrolled a 14th-
century version of it for me on the floor of the library!
Cheers,
Jim Bugslag

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]