Dear List Members,

(My apologies for an earlier incomplete version of this message!)

My name is Michelle Ryan and I am pursuing a Masters degree in Theology at
St. Patrick's College, Maynooth. I an currently researching a group of
Irish carols entitled 'The Kilmore Carols' which were composed in the late
sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries. One particular carol, that for
St. John's Day, refers to John being twenty years old at the time of
Christ's death and also to his having taken care of the Virgin Mary for
fifteen years afterwards. I am wondering where this tradition comes from
and would be grateful if any of you could shed some light on it.

Best wishes,

Michelle Ryan

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]