Message
The event on the 24th was a great success - a sense of the day can be gained from postings on the Personal Tutoring list. We didn't make any notes on the day (I'm afraid) and there was only one 'presentation'. All of the contributors demonstrated their work directly from the eportfolio and we talked about the learning and achievement evident in the work we saw.  Some of the presenters provided links to their work but they have restricted this to attendees only.  It was a really good day...

...and, we're doing the same again, but on a slightly larger scale.  The event called Telling stories: real people, real eportfolios is taking place on Thursday 13th July at Wolverhampton.

During the last week I've been trying to recruit some 'non-pebbly' speakers but have only managed one so far. Adam's email is a good prompt for me to cast the net a little further (apologies if you have already seen this). This is the message I've been sending out - hopefully it speaks for itself.

We are hosting our 3rd ePortfolio Conference on 13 July at the University of Wolverhampton. We have already lined up a good mix of teachers and students to talk about their eportfolios and eportfolio experiences but so far we are very PebblePad-centric.  We would really like to present this conference as an event for any eportfolio user to talk about their experiences of any system.

I am writing to you because I know you are closely involved in developing and supporting eportfolios to and with learners.  Do you have your own eportfolio or examples of eportfolio work from learners that you would be prepared to share?  Do you know of any learners who would like to come and talk about their eportfolio experiences?

The important thing to note about this event is that we do not want to talk about what we're going to do or about what we (as organisations) have done. We don't want to delve into interoperability, eframeworks or government agendas. Put simply, this is about real people and their eportfolios.

I would really like to hear from you if you or your learners would like to participate in what we hope will be a celebration of the diversity of eportfolio practice.

kind regards,

Shane

Shane Sutherland
ePortfolio Coordinator
Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching
University of Wolverhampton
Wulfruna Street
Wolverhampton
WV1 1SB