Yes, medieval ecclesiastics were buried in full battle gear.  Oddly  enough,
however, I have yet to hear of a clerical burial in which the body  wore
underwear; I'd love to learn of any, thanks.  No, seriously.  It  is a mystery.

Nancy

Nancy Spies
Arelate Studio
_www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html_
(http://www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html)  NEW AND IMPROVED!

"But if by 'Liberal' they mean someone who looks  ahead and not behind,
someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions,  someone who cares about
the welfare of the people -- their health, their  housing, their schools, their
jobs, their civil rights, and their civil  liberties -- someone who believes
we can break through the stalemate and  suspicions that grip us in our policies
abroad, if that is what they mean by  'Liberal,' then I'm proud to say I'm a
'Liberal'." John F. Kennedy, 14 Sept 1960

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]