On Mar 31 2006, John Wood wrote:

>  To be honest I never really liked the sweets, they were a bit chalky I
> seem to remember.

Yes, that's right. I don't think anyone really likes Pez. The point is to
get that hard-to-find Boba Fett dispenser or whatever. Which is a fantastic
example of a product thriving purely on a gimmick -- whoever came up with
the idea for the Pez dispenser was some kind of a genius.

Mind you, I wonder if future archaeologists will benefit from the Pez
dispenser typologies so lovingly crafted by collectors. Since dispenser
characters seem to be cycled in and out frequently, they must be pretty
precisely datable, and that plastic is probably quite durable.

--
James Holloway