I, personally, would not call it a Liturgy. I would call it a Rite.

In any event, what I inferred from John's comment was that a saint was
mentioned in the Canon of the Liturgy, whenever a Liturgy was celebrated by the
Pope.

At the same time, there are a number of meanings for the term "canon." So, I
suppose that could have been a point of miscommunication.

Terrill
------------------------------
Marjorie Greene wrote:

> This may be to what John is referring,:
> "...a decree to this effect is issued by the pope, and at the time appointed
> by him the solemn beatification of the servant of God takes place in the
> Vatican Basilica, on which occasion a pontifical Brief is issued permitting
> the public cultus and veneration of the beatified person now known as
> Blessed (Beatus)." Ditto for the process of canonization. I'd call this a
> liturgy...
> MG
>
> >From: Terrill Heaps wrote:<[log in to unmask]>
>
> >John Wickstrom wrote:
> >
> > >  "mentioned in the canon" in a papal liturgy.
> > >

> >????????? "'mentioned in the canon' in a papal liturgy"??????????

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]