We have also been chasing Westlaw at Warwick. Here is Sophie Barber's response:

"With regards Shibboleth, we have just put forward a business request to
get this work done.  As we are moving onto a new platform this summer,
the work will not be a priority and I have thefore been advised that we
will endeavour to be compliant by the end of 2006, although I cannot
confirm this at the moment.  As soon I have a firm date I will notify
all our customers."

This was just a couple of days ago, so it still sounds like end of 2006 to me.

Kieran Shaw
e-lab
University of Warwick

Nicole Harris wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Jonathan

I am forwarding your message to the shibboleth discussion list where some of
the people who have already implemented the gateway procedures are more
likely to be lurking!

I'm surprised to hear that more resources are AthensDA compliant than
gateway compliant as I thought the same non-compliancy issues would affect
both systems...would be interested to find out more!

Community pressure on Westlaw *is* starting to make an impact, and they are
starting to talk about implementing shibboleth at a much earlier date than
previously suggested.  They are likely to go straight for
shibboleth-compliance rather than gateway compliance though...but this
should make very little difference for a shibbolised institution in the long
run!

Hope this helps

Nicole