I'd like to add a routine similar to GRP_INFOI to HDS that allows me to
warn of HDS locator leaks in applications. I think that David's patch to
KAPPA to trap GRP ID leaks was useful and it is definitely the case that
HDS knows how many locators it has used up.

HDS_SHOW would be perfect if only it returned the information to the
caller rather than writing it to STDOUT.

I propose to try to implement a routine called.... hdsInfoi (wow)
that would look something like:

  hdsInfoi( "LOCATORS", size_t *count, int * status);
  hdsInfoi( "FILES", size_t * count, int *status);

to get the number of active locators and number of open files.

Does that API seem reasonable? Given hdsShow, I can make a stab at this.

David: Was the "i" in "Infoi" meant to indicate "integer"?

--
Tim Jenness
JAC software