Dear colleagues,

My research group at the Univ. of British Columbia, NERD (Norms
Evolving in Response to Dilemmas) is part of a the GE3LS ARC project
that has received substantial funding from Genome Canada/BC. My group
is modeling different types of more or less moral agents, and
building new interactive survey instruments to test models against
real human populations and serious decision problems in ethics and
technology.

Our research group is student oriented. It includes a number of
excellent graduate and post-doctoral students, mounts regular for-
credit courses, and supports student participation in authoring and
presenting our work.  We have funding for additional students and
would like to broaden the disciplinary base of our group. So please
bring our ads to the attention of students interested in modeling
(game theoretic, evolutionary, agent-based, etc) and experimental
social science in an interdisciplinary  friendly ethics context. I
can supervise students in philosophy or interdisciplinary studies; my
colleagues in our research group can supervise in a range of
departments and disciplines.

This is a terrific opportunity for students interested in a
challenging mix of formal and applied work. Our science partners
include major genomics labs ranging from emerging infectious
diseases, through mouse and salmonid genomics, to forestry.

Graduate student ad
Post-doc ad

In any case, check out my group's site for our two surveys (on
genomics and human health and salmon) and our recent papers and
presentations.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Danielson        p.604.822.0537 f...822.8627 c...312.7818
Mary & Maurice Young Professor of Applied Ethics
Director, W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics
Univ of Brit. Columbia      [log in to unmask]
227 - 6356 Agric. Rd
http://robo.ethics.ubc.ca/~pad/