**** With apologies for cross posting ****

Dear colleagues

Do you want to learn digital imaging or improve your skills in July?
The JISC's Technical Advisory Service for Images (TASI) still has
some places available on its popular image capture series. These can
be taken as standalone courses, or as a series of two or three
workshops. We give brief details below, but for full descriptions and
booking information, please see our training page:
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/training/

***Image Capture - Beginners, Thursday 13th July
Provides an introduction and overview of digital imaging, with
practical exercises using a scanner and digital camera.

***Image Capture - Intermediate, Friday 14th July
Aimed at those who already have some image capture experience or have
attended the beginner's course. Introduces more advanced scanning and
image optimisation techniques as well as monitor calibration.

***Image Capture - Advanced, Tuesday 18th July
Addresses some of the more advanced scanning techniques. Participants
will also work with a digital camera and copy stand, and evaluate
different capture methodologies by comparing the quality of the
images they produce.

For further information and to book a place, please see our Training
page: http://www.tasi.ac.uk/training/

In addition to its training programme, TASI provides many resources
on its Web site and a free helpdesk service for those within FE/HE:
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/helpdesk/

TASI has also recently released a new blog, The TASI Lightbox,
available at: http://www.tasi.ac.uk/blog/

With best wishes,

Grant

Grant Young, TASI Technical Research Officer
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/aboutus/staff?search=cmgay

TASI - Technical Advisory Service for Images
Free help, advice and guidance for the
Further and Higher Education sector
http://www.tasi.ac.uk/
A JISC Service