Brinkkemper, Otto schrieb:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> In several, a.o. bandkeramik samples, black seeds of Veronica
> hederifolia occur, that only after cutting through show that they are
> subrecent, with white endosperm still present. I remember having read
> a cautionary remark for this taxon (which seems more or less
> carbonized in subrecent state) anywhere, but I am unable to trace it.
> Can anyone of you provide me with relevant literature?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> oTTo
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> De informatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht is uitsluitend bestemd
> voor de geadresseerde. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding
> en/of verstrekking aan derden is niet toegestaan. Aan berichten via
> e-mail kunnen geen rechten ontleend worden. Gebruik van deze
> informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. U wordt
> verzocht bij onjuiste adressering de afzender direct te informeren
> door het bericht te retourneren.

Dear Otto,

I realized the same for Bandkeramik (and younger) sites, the finds are
allways recent, which is surprizing as it is such a common weed here
today .
It is the same problem as with Chenopodium album, which alike often must
be destroyed to be sure it's charred.

best wishes (and Helau) from Wiesbaden

Angela

--
Dr. Angela Kreuz
Archäologische und Paläontologische Denkmalpflege