Richard Pankhurst retired in 2000 which might explain the lack of
response. But try this alternative email address:

You have hit a maximum hits limit imposed by the developer of the
database. The work-round is to break up the search. In genus type
Alchemilla. In species type a*, b*, c*, d*, which will get you
species beginning a-d. Then do e*, f*, g*, h*, and so on. Then you
can download the species in numbers less than 100.

If this isn't clear, then email me off-list.

Mark

On 23 May 2006, at 15:23, Lucie CHABAL wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Could anyone help me ?
>
> When I search in the Flora europaea site
> http://rbg-web2.rbge.org.uk/FE/fe.html (from the Royal Botanic Garden
> of Edinburgh : http://www.rbge.org.uk/rbge/web/index.jsp ) I can't
> obtain more than 100 hits (10 by 10).
>
> For instance, if I enter Alchemilla in the Genus name field, I can see
> that 404 results have been found (404 species names). From these,
> however, only 100 hits are shown. I can't obtain the 101 to 200 hits,
> then the 201 to 300 hits, and so on.
>
> Of course, if I type a species name, I can find it, but this is not my
> question: I would like to visualise all the species names for a given
> genus.
>
> How can I achieve this ?
>
> I wroted a mail to Richard Pankhurst who I believe helps the users of
> this site, but I had no answer.
>
> Thanks in advance for any idea
>
> Lucie Chabal
>

> --
>
> Lucie Chabal
> Chargée de Recherche CNRS
> UMR 5059 CNRS-UM II
> Centre de Bio-Archéologie et d'Écologie (CBAE)
> Institut de Botanique
> 163 rue A. Broussonnet
> F-34090 Montpellier
> France