Andy

Another potential supplier is Bioquip in the US, at

http://www.bioquip.com/

Search their catalogue for 'featherweight forceps' (I think formerly known
as 'live insect forceps') - they may be what you are after. I found
something similar from a UK-based firm but they were much more expensive,
even allowing for cost of postage from US.

Cheers

Allan

On May 10 2006, Andrew Fairbairn wrote:

> Hello list
>
> I have a small supply of metal foil forceps that are wonderful for
> charred plant remain sorting but I can't find a supplier to increase my
> stock. We need them for teaching. Does anyone have any idea where I can
> find a supplier? By foil forceps I mean flexible forceps made from <1mm
> thick steel foil.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Dr Andrew Fairbairn
> Lecturer in Archaeology,
> School of Social Sciences,
> Michie Building,
> The University of Queensland,
> QLD 4072,
> Australia
>
> Tel:  +61 (0)7 3365 2780
> Fax: +61 (0)7 3365 1544

-- Dr Allan Hall, English Heritage Senior Research Fellow, Department of
Archaeology, University of York, The King's Manor, York YO1 7EP, U.K. Tel.
+44 1904 434950/fax: 433902