Hello

Please can you help?

We made an individual a leaver in October 2005 and paid them pay in lieu
of notice and holiday pay.

We have now had to re instate the individual and have set her up as before
with the same cont start date and there has been no break in service.

We have averaged the hours that she would have worked during Nov and Jan
and paid her these.

From this payment though we deducted both the PILON and Holiday pay, as we
consider that she should not be entitled to this anymore.

She is, however, upset that this been deducted and wants it reversed.

Does anyone know legally where we stand?

If she has been reinstated as if she never left and is now entitled to
take holidays again, surely these payments can be taken back from her?

Thanks

Jodie Butcher
University of Lincoln