Millie Niss wrote
"I don't suppose I think art can really change politics or economics, either."

Here in England we have recently had an example where art has changed government policy

The French may not believe this but here in England we are interested in food and certain celebrity chefs have turned cookery into an art form which they practise on TV to the entertainment of millions.

The government had been refusing to increase the amount spent on ingredients for school dinners for a long time and as a result school dinners were no longer contributing toward's our children's health.

Thanks to the celebrty chef and his campaign, the government has now increased the school dinner budget and school cooks are concentrating on healthy menus.