I think I understood what you were asking, and thus passed over the
example of Thomas that came to mind first. I'm having a harder time
trying to think of a scriptural example of the sort you're looking for.
Just
to make sure I'm on the same page, you're trying to find an example of
a biblical scene in which the senses tell an individual that one thing is
before him/her while faith tells the person that something else entirely
is before him/her. Correct?

I'm not sure if this would serve your purpose, but how about the
different interpretations of the Last Supper? When Jesus says of the
bread, "this is my body," Elizabethan Protestants would look at the
bread in the communion and say, "that's still bread" while followers of
Rome would say "that is his body." And perhaps the recognition on the
road to Emmaus, where the disciples recognize the risen Christ "in the
breaking of the bread" might add to this.

Still, you're probably looking for a less controversial example, where a
patriarch believes one thing despite the evidence of the senses telling
him something different. And there I'm drawing a blank.

--Andy Fleck