John 20: 24-29

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when
Jesus came.
25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he
said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my
finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will
not believe.”
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with
them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said,
“Peace to you!”
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands;
and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving,
but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

I think that Christians would have found supoort in Plato, who is repeatedly
decrying the senses for providing false information. Plato is fond of
observing that the submerged half of an oar does not look connected to the
half above the water. Reason, however, bids us so believe what we do not
see, i.e., that the submerged half is connected to the rest of the oar.

Respectfully,

Hart

W. Broaddus" <[log in to unmask]>