I think I have sent an incomplete query to the list. Let me try again.

Redcrosse's abandonment of Una is typically understood as a failure of faith caused by a dependence on his senses.

My question: is there a scriptural equivalent?

Christians are asked in different ways have faith and not believe what ordinary experience tells them.  But is there an occasion in the Bible in which one's faith is supposed to override what is presented to one's senses.

I hope I haven't revealed complete, overwhelming ignorance.

Jim Broaddus

James W. Broaddus
Emeritus, Ind. State.
Route 3 Box 1037