I usually send this out twice, once in the middle of summer and once two
weeks before abstracts are due. This here is the latter rain:

Call For Papers: Spenser at Kalamazoo
-------------------------------------

Two open sessions on Edmund Spenser
41st International Congress on Medieval Studies
Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, Michigan)

4-7 May 2006

Abstracts may be submitted on any topic dealing with Spenser. As always,
we encourage submissions by newcomers and by established scholars of all
ranks. Papers on Spenser’s shorter poems are especially welcome this year.

Reading time for papers should be no more than twenty minutes. According
to rules established by the Congress, those submitting abstracts for one
session may not submit abstracts for other sessions in the same year.
Because Kalamazoo has traditionally encouraged experiment, preliminary
exploration, and discussion, papers submitted should not have been read
elsewhere nor be scheduled for publication in the near future.

Requests for any equipment must be submitted with the abstract, although
you don't need the official form. Just tell us what you need, but we
must know now, not in April.

Email submissions are encouraged. Please include home and office phone
numbers, complete mailing address, and e-mail address along with your
attachment. If you need equipment, let us know now.

Maximum length of abstract: 750 words. Deadline for abstracts: 15
September 2005. This deadline is absolute, as we have a program-copy
deadline of 1 October.

Please direct questions and abstracts to:

     David Scott Wilson-Okamura
     Department of English
     Bate Building 2201
     East Carolina University
     Greenville, NC 27858

     email and phone:
     252-328-6714 (office)

Organizing Committee for Spenser at Kalamazoo:
Clare Kinney, University of Virginia
William Oram, Smith College
Ted Steinberg, SUNY Fredonia
Beth Quitslund, Ohio University
David Scott Wilson-Okamura, East Carolina University (chair)

For complete conference Call for Papers, see:
http://www.wmich.edu/medieval/congress/

Dr. David Wilson-Okamura    http://virgil.org          [log in to unmask]
English Department          Virgil reception, discussion, documents, &c
East Carolina University    Sparsa et neglecta coegi. -- Claude Fauchet