Dear members,

Welcome back and I hope you all enjoyed a relaxing summer break. A reminder
that the next meeting of the Pedagogy Experts Meeting will be taking place
on Wednesday 5th October 2005 from 10:30 - 16:00 at the Orange Studios in
Birmingham. In light of feedback we received from our recent survey of the
Expert Group, we will also be holding an online meeting which will run from
30 September to 7 October. This will offer those members who are unable to
attend the face to face meeting, opportunities to engage with findings from
the pedagogy and innovation projects together with discussion. I will be
sending through further information relating to this meeting in the
forthcoming weeks including the agenda and the online booking form.

We would like to invite those members who are attending the ALT-C conference
next week in Manchester, to join us for the launch of the Innovative
Practice with

e-Learning guide. This publication will be the first from the Innovation
Strand of the e-Learning Programme. It contains the synthesis from the
Landscape study on the use of mobile and wireless technologies for teaching
and learning in the post-16 sector (full reports are available from
www.jisc.ac.uk/eli_outcomes.html) and the Case Studies and video case
studies in innovative e-learning practice, plus additional information
including snapshots of cutting edge practice in mobile and wireless learning
and planning/audit tools for implementing these technologies in an
institution.

The launch will take place on Tuesday 6 September at 13:00 at the JISC
stand. We will also be running a competition throughout the conference to
encourage delegates to submit examples of innovative practice with mobile
and wireless technologies, with the winning entry receiving a prize of a
PDA, and a workshop based on the themes of the publication, which will take
place on Tuesday 6 September at 16:00.

You will of course, be receiving your copy of the publication at the next
meeting and we look forward to receiving feedback from you on its use.

Thank you for your continued support,

Best regards,
Sarah

Programme Manager: Pedagogy and Innovation Strands of the JISC e-Learning
Programme
JISC Development Group
2nd Floor, Beacon House
Queen's Road