On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Liddy Nevile wrote:

> For DC we are planning a main new 'adaptability' element and then to build an
> application profile for accessibility.

FWIW, this would imply to me that the name of the WG should remain as
Accessibility.  It just so happens that the WG is focussing on an element
called Adaptability at the moment... but that doesn't mean that the name
of the WG needs to change and it doesn't mean that other new terms won't
be considered in the future.

However, as per my message just now to the Date WG list, I think the WG
should strongly consider an 'application profile'-driven approach from the
outset, rather than considering individual new terms in isolation - i.e.
the sentence above would read better (to me) as

  For DC we are building a new application profile for accessibility and
  that includes a new 'adaptability' element.

Considering new terms in the context of a whole application profile will
make it easier to determine whether functional requirements are being met
in the most effective way and will help the Usage Board (and others) to
understand how any new elements fit into a bigger picture.

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell