Records management vacancy at Bolton

Bolton MBC  - Central Services Department

Project Manager Records Management  Ref:  CL5-77
Corporate Communications
12 month Fixed Term Contract
PO2 - £26,157 - £28,179
This is an opportunity to play a leading role in improving the management of electronic and manual records within Bolton Council. Good records management is the key to complying with FOI, DPA and other information legislation, and an e-government target.

Based in the Corporate Communications Unit, you will liaise with colleagues in IT and Archives and with managers and Information Officers across the authority. You will develop the business case for a corporate records management system, work on RM policies and retention schedules and help us to implement ISO 15489.

Knowledge and experience of records management, information legislation and the e-government agenda are essential. You will have a degree-level qualification, preferably in records, archives or information management and you will need excellent communication skills and experience of project management.

We welcome applications from disabled people and members of the ethnic minorities, as these groups are under represented in our work force.

Closing date:  17th June 2005

We welcome job share applications to all our full-time posts.
Please state the reference number when you request an application form.

Application forms and further details, to be returned by the closing date, are available online at www.bolton.gov.uk, or tel.: (01204) 338006 - direct line 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, or (01204) 331212 - 24 hours answering service, or from Access Bolton at the One Stop Shop, Town Hall, Bolton, BL1 1RU or by email to [log in to unmask]

This Authority operates a No Smoking Policy.
Please note: CVs without application forms will not be accepted.

Carl Wiper

Corporate Information Manager
Corporate Communications, Bolton MBC, Town Hall, Bolton BL1 1RU

tel: 01204 331031, mobile: 0778 903 1512, fax: 01204 380043

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton MBC in accordance with current regulations.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to the Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton MBC.

http://www.bolton.gov.uk