Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes
> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fraser Speirs said:
> OK, so the broker requests for the job whatever the queue's default
> walltime is?  Seems like the best fix for right now is to make the
> defaults a bit saner.

Well, the broker doesn't request anything, it just does a basic qsub so
PBS then gives you the default.

> We do intend to look at our queue structures after gathering a little
> experience.  Right now, we just publish one queue for all.

One option is to have several queues with various lengths. However, in
general users tend to only specify a lower limit on cpu time, i.e.
maxcputime>1000 or whatever, which means that jobs may go into queues
with longer limits than they really need even if shorter queues are
available.

Stephen